Spring has arrived!
Update from Simon Catterick, CEO and Founder
I don’t know about you, but the clocks going forward last weekend was hugely welcomed by the mission : net zero team. Hotels and restaurants are bringing out their Spring menus, it’s feeling warmer *marginally!* and the evenings are staying lighter, longer – it’s a great feeling.
A few things to update you on since our last newsletter:
- We’re in the process of scoping out and launching a dedicated mission : net zero ‘Green Screen’ business intelligence dashboard for our clients which will better support their sustainability measurement and evaluation needs (more to follow on that in the Summer)
- We’ve welcomed new team members including Stephen Richardson (pictured below right) who is leading the charge on Digital Transformation for our clients. We’re working on several big projects which I hope to update you on in the Autumn.
- Louise Carr-Merino (below left) is our new Senior Sustainability Advisor, a respected eco-certification specialist who is helping our clients in the hospitality sector become more sustainable.
- Alasdair Rimmer (pictured below, centre), Digital Analyst & Client Services specialist, is working with clients who are progressing on their green journey by collecting high-quality sustainability data, enabling them to track performance.
The team here are aware that the measures laid out for hospitality in the Spring Budget earlier this month, fall short of the level of support that industry leaders have been crying out for over the past year.
Rising utility costs and the transition to renewable energy is a related topic we’re having with clients. And in a highly competitive employment market we’re helping business owners to demonstrate authentic environmental and social credentials to differentiate themselves from competitors.
If you’re interested in how we can support your green journey please do drop me or the team an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Latest client news
Gold for DoubleTree by Hilton London ExCeL!
Managed by Axiom Hospitality, DoubleTree by Hilton London ExCeL has become the only hotel operating under any Hilton brand in the UK to attain the Green Tourism Gold Award – the highest rating of prestigious eco-certification.
The Dixon Hotel joins our portfolio
Great to be working with our newest client The Dixon, Tower Bridge, which operates within the Marriott International Autograph Collection portfolio of independent upscale and luxury hotels.
Gold for STAY!
It’s a proud moment for us as we announce our client STAY has achieved Gold accreditation with the internationally recognised Green Tourism eco-certification programme.
Gold for The Resident, Covent Garden!
Achieving Gold accreditation is testimony to the focus this team has given to demonstrating how the hotel operates in an environmentally friendly & sustainable way, with social impact measures in mind for the team, their guests and the local community in which the hotel operates.
Making student accommodation sustainable
With ESG issues rapidly reshaping the real estate investment landscape and of increasing importance for all stakeholders we’re delighted to be working in partnership with luxury student accommodation provider true student.
Green light for Planet Mark accreditation
Working with Planet Mark, a prestigious sustainability certification, we are committed to measuring our carbon footprint, ensuring we’re making the most positive impact on our planet and society.
Latest clients include
Over half of investors seek hotel-specific certificates and eco-labels
Fascinating output from an investor survey conducted by global commercial real estate services firm, Cushman & Wakefield Hospitality showing that ESG (Environmental, Social, Governance) criteria is directly impacting hotel transactions.
The Great British Spring Clean is a Keep Britain Tidy campaign that takes place from 17th March to 2nd April and we love seeing our hospitality sector clients doing their bit for the environment.
STAY (pictured right) along with their partners braved the cold and hit the Camden Lock Regent’s Canal, armed with tongs and nets as they scooped plastic and other floating rubbish from the waters.The rain held off and the sun came out for the team to return with 4 full bags and a fire extinguisher!
DoubleTree by Hilton London ExCeL (pictured left) suited up in their high-vis jackets for their litter pick.
Both clients recently earned their Green Tourism Gold Award, so it’s great to see they aren’t sitting on their laurels and are striving to do better for People, Places and the Planet.
Upcoming awareness days include
- Stop Food Waste Day: 27th April
- Mental Health Awareness Week: 15th to 21st May
- World Environment Day: 5th June
- Net Zero Week: 1st to 7th July
We‘re delighted that many of you have enjoyed the honey harvest created by our 60,000 black and gold miracle workers this year and we look forward to keeping you posted with our bee related adventures in the year ahead.
Subscribe to our quarterly newsletter here